Cyclohexanone is obtained during the manufacturing of nylon intermediaries like adipic acid or caprolactam. Major companies captively consume cyclohexanone and a very small portion of the demand is from sectors other than nylon. Over three fourth of the production of cyclohexanone is based on cyclohexane and the remaining is based on phenol. The major use of the compound except in the nylon industry is as a solvent in the paint and dye industry.
The high captive consumption of cyclohexanone leaves very little volume for global trading. Based on uses, a major share of cyclohexanone is consumed in the production of caprolactam and the remaining in the production of adipic acid. The major applications of cyclohexanone include its use as solvent in industries such as paints and dyes, fertilizers, pharmaceuticals, films, and soaps. Europe is the largest market for cyclohexanone and accounts for over one quarter of the global consumption. North America and Asia-Pacific follow it in terms of consumption. However, China is expected to have the highest growth rate over the next six years and would gain a substantial market share. The primary driver for the market is the developing nylon industry. The nylon industry is the major consumer of this compound and growth in the industry directly affects the consumption of cyclohexanone. Moreover, the high volume of production of finished goods in China is expected to drive the market in the Asia-Pacific region.
However, the major threat for the market is the competition for nylon from other fibers. Polyesters have been showing credible growth and could very soon have a sizable market share. This sluggish demand for nylon would in turn reduce the demand for cyclohexanone. The biggest opportunity for the market lies in the increase in application areas and improved product technology. In addition to this, the developing regions of Asia-Pacific have tremendous growth potential due to their high production capacity for finished goods.
DuPont de Nemours and Asahi Kasei are two of the largest producers of cyclohexanone. Some other players in the market include Nylstar SA, Formosa Plastic Group, Rhodia S.A, and Lipeng Corporation Ltd. and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.