In the Oil & Gas industry, a crown block is a stationary section containing pulleys across which the drill line is threaded. This is in contrast to the traveling block, and it is the combination of these two types of blocks along with the drill line which enables the lifting of loads heavier than what a solitary line could support. Thus, a crown block is an important part of the drilling equipment arsenal aiding in geological exploration, well repair & maintenance, and overall environmental management.
Due to the advent of natural gas fired electrical generation, gas exploration has reached record levels and this naturally becomes the chief driver for the crown block market. Newly commissioned onshore rigs have to conform to the latest EHS guidelines and the best kind of drilling equipment is necessary for this purpose. Possible threat of new entrants could however render the existing crown block model obsolete. Therein lies the opportunity for innovation in the crown block’s design so as to mitigate this threat effectively.
The technological segmentation is done on the basis of the crown block’s weight which is adjusted in accordance to its desired load bearing capacity and applied pressure. The regional segmentation for this industry will be done as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (ROW). Countries such as China, Russia, United States, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Colombia are likely to witness a surge in the demand for crown block setups.
Some of the key players in the crown block market include Schlumberger, National Oilwell Varco, GE Oil & Gas, Aker Solutions, Baker Hughes, Halliburton, among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments