Computerized physician order entry (CPOE) system is a form of software system that allows the direct entry of medical prescription orders and other instructions for the treatment of patients by a doctor. These orders by physicians are filled by other medical staff such as pharmacists, radiologists, nurses and pathologists who are communicated through computer network. This system is a substitute to paper-based ordering system.A CPOE system offersnumerous advantages over paper-based ordering system; some majors are as follows:
- Reduces delay in order completion
- Reduces errors related to poor handwriting or transcription of medication orders
- Allows point of care as well as off-site entry of physician’s orders
- Maintains an online record
- Offers safety alerts when an unsafe order is entered
- Streamlines workflow
These advantages are playing a key role in replacing paper-based ordering systems by CPOE systems and thus are contributing in the market growth.Governmental regulations pressurizing healthcare providers for implementing CPOE systems, growing trends of IT integration across healthcare facilities and growing concerns towards patient safety are some other factors driving the market growth worldwide. However, factors such as high implementation cost which also includes training, and implementation causing disruption to existing healthcare settings are responsible for the slow adoption rate of CPOE systems.
Geographically, North America represents the largest regional market for computerized physician order entry (CPOE) systems. In the United States, healthcare providers have governmental pressure to implement CPOE across their facilities. Growing adoption of other healthcare IT systems in the region such as electronic medical record (EMR) is also contributing in the market growth of CPOE systems as CPOE systems are integrated with EMR. In developing nations of Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World, reluctance of medical professionals towards the adoption of IT systems, low training and exposure to high-tech softwares are major reasons affecting the market growth in the region.Eclipsys Corp., IDX Systems Corp.,Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., GE Healthcare, McKesson Corporation and Siemens Healthcare are some major players operating in this market space.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.