Cloud storage allows users to store data on a server which is remotely located. A service provider hosts the cloud service on a server which is safe from catastrophic failures such as fire, earthquake, and tsunamis. With daily additions in transactional information, it has become a challenge for companies to store such humongous amount of data. Cloud storage provides the solution via remote access through the internet. This market has grown exponentially in the last decade and is expected to take over traditional storage systems in the near future.
This market is segmented into:
- Cloud Storage Gateways
- Backup & Recovery
- Data Movement & Access
- Data Replication
- HSM & Archiving,
- Security & Storage Resource Management Solutions
Various deployment methods of cloud storage are public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and community cloud. Public cloud storage systems are available commercially over the internet whereas private clouds use a virtual private network (VPN) restricting the access to specific organizations or entities and are more secure than public clouds.
Data securities, ease of access, low cost, emerging back-up mechanisms, and safety from catastrophic failures are the drivers for this market. However, in cloud storage the data is kept under the security of a third party server which hampers the safety of the data due to its exposure to the cloud service provider and this is the restraint for the market. Countries such as India and China are emerging IT hubs and are working heavily on cloud based systems and therefore, more varieties of cloud based applications are expected to appear in the near future. Various companies are investing heavily in cloud storage projects and this market is expected to grow at an approximate CAGR of 35 to 40% in the next decade.
Some of the major companies in this industry segment are Google.com (U.S.), Dropbox, Apple iCloud (U.S.), Microsoft SkyDrive, Box.com, AT&T, and Salesforce.com (U.S.), and many new entrants are following the lead.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments