Chlamydia is one of the most widespread sexually transmitted diseases. It is caused by bacteria named Chlamydomonas trachomatis. This disease is more common in females as compared to male population. In addition, the disease is more prevalent in people who are older than 25 years due to multiple sex and sex partners. In 2011, around 1,412,791 people were suffering from Chlamydia in the U.S. Chlamydia is a silent infection and shows negligible symptoms such as abnormal vaginal discharge, pain while sex, painful urination, clear discharge from the tip of penis. In addition, it also results in abdominal pain, swellings around testicles, burning around vagina.
The clinically evident symptoms compel the patients to undergo various diagnostic tests which include Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests (NAAT), direct immunofluorescence, cell culture, Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) and nucleic acid hybridization. NAAT amongst all is the most sensitive test for detection of Chlamydomonas trachomatis in urine and vaginal swab. It has been approved by FDA for its detection in sample like urine and vaginal swab. In EIA diagnostic tests, (Immunoglobulin G) IgG is significantly used and is capable of detecting the presence of C. trachomatis however in direct immunofluorescence, monoclonal antibodies are used. The nucleic acid hybridization helps in detecting the DNA sequence of the bacteria and thus results in detecting C. trachomatis.
Change in lifestyle has resulted in multiple sex and sex partner. It has been observed that one out of three people suffer from chlamydia every year and it is expected to rise drastically. This significant rise of Chlamydia patients worldwide would augment the growth of this market. Chlamydia increases the risk of HIV infection and this is raising serious concerns for the governments across the globe. The U.S. government has been promoting and educating people about Chlamydia infections. In addition, they have also launched various programs for safe and healthy sex. Moreover, according to Common Health Committee, governments of various nations are increasing their funding for diagnostic tests. This would trigger the growth of this market.
Some of the major players in chlamydia diagnostic market include Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad, Novartis Diagnostics, Roche, Wallac, ID Biomedical and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments