Chewing gum includes gummy materials such as chicle, flavored, and sweetened. Some of the chewing gum designed to be inflated out of the mouth and are termed as “bubble gum”. It is consumed globally in different flavors such as watermelon, cinnamon, banana, blue raspberry, lemon, strawberry, apple, cherry and peppermint among others.
The Gum market can be segmented into the Bubble Gum, bubble gum sugar free and Chewing gum and Sugar free chewing gum. The market can also be segmented geographically into North America, APAC, Europe and RoW regions.
The global Gum market is expected to grow with a single digit CAGR from 2013 to 2019.Gum is consumed worldwide and is more popular among kids. However there is an increase in the consumption of sugar free Gum in developed countries due to various health awareness programs, which fuel the demand of sugar free Gum.
The U. S. is the market leader in gum consumption. Innovation by manufactures by introducing a number of flavors, along with different size and shapes in gum is attracting more consumers. The younger generation is the major consumers of candies. Attractive packaging also acts as a major driver of gum market. Large proportion of youth in population in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the consumption of chewing/ bubble gum over the next six years. The population of kids also would drive the consumption of bubble gums in Asia Pacific.
Some of the key players in Gum market are Mondeléz International Inc, Kraft Foods Inc., Mars Incorporated, Ferndale Confectionery Pty Ltd., Haribo GmbH & Co. Kg, Perfetti Van Melle, The Hershey Company, The Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, and ZED Candy among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.