Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices are intended to treat heart failure. These devices aid in the proper synchronization of heart beats by sending small undetectable signals to lower chambers of the heart. This in turn enables the heart to pump blood and oxygen more efficiently. This implantable device is a tiny computer along with a battery enclosed in a small titanium metal case. Insulated wires known as leads are implanted along with the device in order to pass on the information signals from heart to heart device and carry electrical impulses to heart. A programmer is located in the doctor’s clinic, used to program and retrieve relevant information from the heart device to treat heart failure. The two major types of implantable heart devices are cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) pacemaker and a CRT pacemaker with defibrillation therapy. These devices improve blood flow and coordinate the heart’s pumping action.
CRT along with a complete therapy program improves the patient’s quality of life by enhancing their exercise capacity, reducing symptoms of heart failure and help in carrying out their daily activities effectively. However, there are certain risks associated with these devices such as chances of infection at the surgical site, failure to deliver optimum therapy when needed (either extra therapy when it is not needed or no therapy delivered when it is needed), sensitivity to the device material. Also, the patients are restrained from the use of electric or gas powered appliances, away from magnetic or electromagnetic radiations and others.
The cardiac resynchronization therapy devices market is expected to experience a double digit growth in the near future and can be segmented by product type and geography. The different product types include CRT-pacemakers and CRT-defibrillators. Technological advances, speedy evolution of cardiac devices, sedentary lifestyles contributing to rise in cardiac disorders and high acceptance of the cardiac devices are some of the factors driving the growth of this market. Economic fluctuations and stringent regulatory policies for approval and healthcare reforms may mask the growth of the market. Medtronic, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Cook Group, Inc., Johnson & Johnson and St. Jude Medical are some of the key players in cardiac resynchronization therapy devices market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments