Cadmium telluride (CdTe) is compound formed from tellurium and cadmium. It is used in solar cells and infrared optical material in lenses and optical windows. CdTe is used in photovoltaic cells and converts sunlight into electricity. The cost of CdTe based solar cells is relatively cheaper as compared to other products. In addition, the manufacturing is simplified as compared to other materials. Cadmium telluride is the first material used in thin film solar cells. CdTe is applied on electro-optic modulators due to its higher electro-optic coefficient than other compounds.
The market for cadmium telluride was mainly driven by increasing demand for photovoltaic solar cells. Increasing demand for solar energy due to depletion of conventional energy sources and huge demand for renewable energy sources is expected to drive the market growth. CdTe has major application in solar cells and the demand is anticipated to grow in the near future. The major opportunity for CdTe market is growing investments and initiatives from various governments in solar energy sector. However, regulatory governing polices, tellurium supply shortage and lower efficiency levels associated with cadmium telluride can be major restraint for the market in the near future.
In terms of demand, Europe was the leading region for cadmium telluride market in 2012. The demand for CdTe is huge especially, from thin film solar cells. However, instability in European market can be major challenge for the market. Europe was followed by North America. The demand in this region is growing for thin film solar panels. However, the demand is huge for CdTe as an infrared optical material. Asia Pacific had third-largest share for cadmium tellurium market. The Rest of the World market is likely to exhibit stable demand for cadmium telluride market in near future.
Some of the key manufacturers in the cadmium telluride market are First Solar Inc., Advanced Solar Power., Calyxo GmbH and Lucintech among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments