Biotech API manufacturing services market includes contract manufacturing services for the production of biotechnology-based active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The biotech APIs include manufacture of active ingredients from animal, microbial, human, or genetically engineered origin by biological techniques. Several dynamics in the biotechnology field are influencing the manufacturing and development strategies of companies in the market. Presently, these dynamics are favoring the growth of biotech API manufacturing services market. The market is very emerging compared to mature chemically synthesized APIs manufacturing services market. However, biotech APIs manufacturing services have high growth potential in the near future owing to increasing demand for biotechnology products.
The global biotech active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) manufacturing market is segmented as monoclonal antibody manufacturing, mammalian cell culture manufacturing, recombinant proteins production, insulin analogues manufacturing, growth hormone API manufacturing, interferon manufacturing, and vaccine manufacturing. The mammalian cell culture manufacturing services segment garnered maximum revenues in the global biotech active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) services market. Increasing applications of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and development of next-generation antibody therapies such as antibody-drug conjugates are expected to boost the market in the near future.
Smaller biotech companies with intellectual property rights for novel biologics will further drive the biopharmaceutical API manufacturing services market. As the contract manufacturing services companies have expertise and economies of scale in these operations, the reduced cost and higher quality product can be transferred to client biotech companies enabling them to focus more on research and development of novel biologics.
Geographically, the global market for the biotech API manufacturing services is segmented into four major regions namely, North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific and Rest of the World. According to report from the Chemical Pharmaceutical Generic Association, the growth of biotech active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) services markets in emerging markets has increased compared to established markets. The reason cited for the phenomenal growth in these countries is their ability to reduce the cost of development for innovative APIs thereby providing competitive edge in the market.
China and India are expected to grow at rate thrice that of in the Western Europe. Furthermore, improvements in the trade relationship and cooperation between Taiwan and China, Taiwanese biotech companies are contributing to the global growth of biotech active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) services market. The global companies in the biotechnology market are also selling their manufacturing plants for several purposes such as:
- To remove assets from their balance sheets
- Focusing on specializing and expediting the research and development activities
- Used existing resources for other projects thereby saving tremendous resources cost
- Reduce risks in the supply chain by distributing the manufacturing in varied locations
- Increase quality assurance and regulatory management
Some of the key players in the global biotech active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) manufacturing services market include AbbVie Contract Manufacturing (part of AbbVie, Inc.), Biogen Idec International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Boehringer Ingelheim BioXcellence (part of Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co KG), Biocon Ltd., Celltrion, Inc., Cytovance Biologics, Inc., DSM Biologics, Eden Biodesign Ltd. (Elona Biotechnologies, Inc.(part of Zimmerman Biotechnologies), Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies UK Ltd., Gallus Biopharmaceuticals, LLC, GSK Biopharmaceuticals, Hexal Arzneimittel (part of Novartis), kSep Systems (part of KBI Biopharma), Lonza Group Ltd., Novo Nordisk, Piramal Healthcare, Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc., Samsung BioLogics Co. Ltd., and Wave Biotech (part of GE Healthcare).
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
- This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments