The growth of mobile technology and services which is driving the cloud computing and SaaS market, has seen a new emerging segment of BaaS (Backend as a Service) solutions, which was not much known till now.
BaaS can be defined as an intermediary between PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). The demand of cloud computing services has brought this segment to the forefront with leading mobile app developers looking for BaaS solutions.
The BaaS segment has within a short span of time evolved into a complete potential market from a small niche vertical market for cloud computing services. The fast growth exhibited by smart phones, which is driving the market for mobile based applications has seen a surge in demand for BaaS solutions, where in application developers are looking for services such as data storage, user profile management and other services required for running mobile apps successfully.
The Backend as a Service (BaaS) market is driven on perceived benefits it provides to its customers. These include – reduction in development time, social media integration, user data storage and management, push notifications, app usage data and analytics, SDK (Software Development Kit), and API (Application Programming Interface), and so on.
The market for Backend as a Service can be broadly categorized based on API, application type verticals, end users, and the geographic regions.
- API based segmentation: Java (Android), iPhone OS / Objective – C (iOS), HTML5, Ruby, Node.js, REST (Representational State Transfer)
- Application based vertical segmentation: Enterprise applications, Entertainment applications, Mobile applications
- End user based segmentation: SMEs, Enterprises, Small offices
- Computing Platform based segmentation: Web, Tablet, Mobile
- Geography based segmentation: North America, Europe, Latin America, RoW
Some of the key market players in this industry are Kinvey, Parse, Stackmob, Appcelerator (Cocoafish), CloudyRec, CodeCloud.io, Apple's iCloud, Zipline Games, and many more. Even the giants such as Google, Microsoft, and Rackspace, are venturing into the market with new features and comprehensive solutions.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides an overview of the pricing trend and its impact on the market