The baby food packaging market has trends evolving from the use of plastics for making baby food containers, boxes, and pouches. It has new features like packaging rice puffs, crackers and cereals in boxes of various types such as card sleeve and jumbo packs. Foods like oatmeal infant cereals and dry rice in small quantities are packed in pouches.
Baby food traditionally came in glass jars but now packaging has shifted to plastics and other materials for their easy storage and lower cost. Packaging of baby food depends on the type of baby food like dried, prepared, milk formula, and other baby food. Baby food comes in packages such as shaped, semi-liquid, liquid, folding cartons, thin wall containers, metal cans and stand-up pouches. Stand-up pouches have an increasing demand because of their long shelf life.
Geographically, the baby food market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the rest of world. Asia Pacific has the highest demand because of growing population of infants in countries like India and other developing countries.
Some of the major drivers for this market are rising demand of stand up pouches, thin wall containers because of their hygienic, safety, light weight, easy to carry and reusable nature. The preservation and long shelf life of these packets is an added advantage. While packaging these products, the plastic has BPA (Bisphenol A) which is harmful for infants and toddlers and so has been banned by the governments of the U.S., Canada, and Europe and this is one of the inhibitors for the growth of this market. Increase in preference for foods packed in microwaveable plastic tubs and pouches by teenagers has increased their demand. Innovations for reducing cost and packaging in biodegradable materials like paper and increased demand from rural areas for baby foods are opportunities for this market.
Some of the major companies in this market are Bericap India Pvt. Ltd., Essel Propack Limited, Hindustan National Glass & Industries Ltd, ITC Ltd Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division (PSPD), Tata Tinplate Company of India (TCIL),Tetra Pak India Pvt Ltd, Cascades Inc, FPC Flexible Packaging Corp, Celplast Ltd, Hood Packaging Corp, Pretium Packaging LLC, Winpak Ltd, AptarGroup, Inc,Ball Corporation ,Bemis Company, Inc., Rexam Inc, and MeadWestvaco Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments