B-type natriuretic peptides, also called, brain natriuretic peptide, is a 32-amino acid (AA) polypeptide, which is produced by ventricles of the heart, as a reflex action to over-stretching of cardiac muscles cells. The generation of BNP is controlled by calcium ions. BNP and ANP (atrial natriuretic peptide) are working similarly and the physiological action of both is similar. The important function of ANP and BNP is to decrease the systemic vascular resistance, which leads to decrease of blood volume, thus results in decrease in blood pressure and increase in cardiac output.
BNP testing is one of the important diagnostic tests, used for cardiovascular diseases diagnosis. The major function of BNP testing is the detection of cardiovascular diseases, such as, cardiac arrest and cardiac failure. In general, increased level of BNP (more than 100 pg/ml) indicates the symptoms of chronic cardiac disease, such as, cardiac failure. This increased value highlights the chronic medical condition, called left ventricular dysfunction. The measurement is done by immunoassay technology. In addition, the BNP level increases during renal failure, but the test is not recommended to identify renal failure, owing to large fluctuations in output. Further, nesiritide (recombinant BNP) is used in the treatment of decompensated heart failure.
The market is expected to grow in the upcoming future and is driven by the major influencing factors, such as, increased prevalence of cardiac diseases, rise in awareness about healthcare and diagnostic technology, sophisticated nature of test, and increased demand for efficient cardiac disease diagnostic test. According to WHO, around 17.3 million people died due to cardiovascular diseases in 2008, representing 30% of global deaths. Thus, increased incidences of cardiac diseases is the most important driver of the market. However, lack of accuracy and lack of awareness are the major restraints of the growth of market.
Some of the major players operating in the market includes Abbott Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter Inc., Roche Diagnostics and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments