The market of antiviral drugs is segmented on the basis of products, such as Hepatitis-C antivirals, HIV antivirals, Herpes antivirals, Hepatitis-B antivirals, Influenza antivirals and others. The market is also segmented on the basis of enzyme specific actions, such as DNA polymerase inhibitors, NS3 Protease inhibitors, reverse transcriptase inhibitors and others. The market is also segmented on the basis of geography, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S. is the biggest market for antiviral drugs, followed by the U.K. and Japan. However, Asia-Pacific and African regions of the world are considered as the most promising markets in the forecast period. Virus is a micro-infectious agent that replicates only in the living cells,which results in prevalence of disease. Antiviral drugs are a class of medications that are specifically used to treat the viral infections. Usually, antivirals inhibit the growth of pathogens.
Some of the key factors driving the antiviral drugs market are strong R&D activities, increase in healthcare expenditure, increased prevalence of the life-threatening viral diseases and increase in the public awareness. According to WHO, as of October 2013, there are around 35.3 million people in the world, infected with HIV. Hence, increased viral infection incidences is one of the prominent factors that drives the market growth. Due to strong R&D activities, newer and advanced formulations and treatments, such as combination therapy, vaccines and others, are being introduced in the market. Thus, strong R&D is one of the key factors in the market growth. On the other hand, high cost of R&D and therapy, high risk of failure and government austerity are some of threats expected to hinder the growth of market.
Some of the major players operating in this market includes GlaxoSmithKline, plc. Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca AB, BoehringerIngelheim Corporation, Novartis International AG, Merck and Co. Inc., Johnson & Johnson amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments