Antibody drugs make use of the body’s own immune system to locate and eliminate cells which are responsible for the target disease. Antibody drugs have been successful in attracting the attention of researchers worldwide owing to their characteristic features such as fewer side effects and high efficacy in curing certain diseases which were previously untreatable.
Large scale research development is being conducted in the field of antibody drugs for the past two decades. By 2009, approximately 30 new antibody drugs were launched in the market. With an intention of launching new blockbuster drugs and to reform the pharmaceuticals industry, large pharmaceutical companies have begun to undertake aggressive steps to enter this market. Hence, it is expected that the antibody drugs segment will experience impressive growth in the global pharmaceuticals market.
Antibody drugs show promising efficacy for the treatment of certain diseases for which no equally effective treatment is available. Antibody drugs are primarily used for the treatment of diseases such as central nervous system ailments, allergic diseases, cancer, and infections. Globally, North America is viewed as the largest market for antibody drugs followed by Europe. However, infrastructural development in the healthcare system and growth in awareness regarding the treatment of chronic diseases may influence a rapid growth of this market in Asia and in other parts of the world.
Some of the market players in the antibody drugs industry are Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Bayer Ag, Genmab, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Merck KGaA, Daiichi Sankyo, Biogen Idec, some and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments