Adhesion is one of the common problems affecting almost 55% to 90% patients followed by surgery. Adhesion is a band of scar tissue formed between organs and tissue after a surgery as a part of a normal healing process. However, when it connects wrong tissues into each other, adhesions may lead to severe clinical symptoms such as pelvic pain, intestinal blockage, infertility and loss of sensation depending on the location and size of the adhesions. Adhesions are most common after surgeries such as abdominal surgery, thoracic surgery, gynaecological surgery and plastic surgery. After abdominal surgery, bowels and pelvic organs may adhere with each other as a result of adhesion causing risks for small bowel obstruction and severe pain. The various types of adhesions based on their locations are abdominal adhesions, intestinal adhesions, intraperitoneal adhesions and pelvic adhesions.
Some of the anti-adhesion products available in the market are Adept (Baxter), Seprafilm (Genzyme), INTERSEED (Johnson & Johnson) and Surgiwrap (MAST Biosurgery). The market for anti-adhesion products can be segmented on the basis of types of surgery such as abdominal surgery, gynecological surgery and other surgical procedures. The market for anti-adhesion products is growing due to large number incidences of adhesion associated with various surgeries. Usually 55% to 90% patients undergoing abdominal and gynecological surgeries face adhesion problems. Presently, North America represents the largest market as a number of products have been approved by FDA. Asia-Pacific is experiencing growth as large number of patients are undergoing abdominal and gynecological surgeries. In the coming future the market will witness growth with the introduction of new products with more efficacy.
Some of the major vendors operating in this market are Johnson & Johnson, Baxter International, WL Gore, Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Angiotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Genzyme Corporation, LifeCell Corporation and MAST Biosurgery AG.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments