Alpha olefins are organic compounds comprising of alkenes or olefins, which are commonly manufactured by the oligomerization of ethylene. These compounds offer a range of industrially important products such as 1-decene, 1-octene, 1-hexene, and 1-butene, 1-dodecene, 1-tetradecene, 1-hexadecene & 1-octadecene. The alpha olefins are used in an extensive range of chemical applications such as polyethylene, detergent alcohols, and synthetic lubricants among others.
The global alpha olefin market is expected to continue witness rise in demand with the growth in production of polyalphaolefin and polyethylene. They are significantly used as co-monomers for polyethylene production with linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE) registering high growth owing to growing demand from the plastic industry.
Growth in the end-user industries such as the polyethylene coupled with the growing demand for polyalphaolefin (PAO) in synthetic lubricants have been some of the major drivers for the alpha olefins market. As environmental regulations are becoming more stringent, PAO used as synthetic base oil significantly compensates for these restrictions. However, the fluctuating prices of energy sources and raw materials for manufacturing alpha olefins are expected to hamper the growth of the market. Focus on producing bio-based alpha olefins are expected to provide new opportunities for the growth of the market as bio-chemicals are gaining popularity as pro-environmental solutions,
North America was the major consumer in the alpha olefins market, followed by Middle East and Europe. Furthermore, North America will continue to dominate the market with the practice of various expansion activities planned by key manufacturers present in the region. Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP, ExxonMobil Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG, Godrej Industries Ltd., Ineos Oligomers, Linde AG, Mitsubishi Chemical, Nizhnekamskneftekhim, Qatar chemical, Shell Chemical Limited, and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation are some of the major manufacturers dominating the market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.