An abrasive is substance which is rubbed against a surface to produce desire shape or surface of desired finish. It generally results in loss of material from surface of work-piece while gaining smooth, polished and reflective surface. Abrasive can be use to roughen the surface. Abrasives are nothing but the mineral like materials available in different shapes according to need. There should not be confusion between file and abrasive as files are simply metal bars. Abrasives work on simple principle of difference in hardness. As abrasive should be harder material than work-piece, by cyclically rubbing abrasive over it; practical’s of work-piece tend to leave its surface.
Generally abrasive materials are of two type; metallic or non-metallic. Non-metallic are of again two type; hard abrasives and soft abrasives. Hard materials are either minerals or synthetic stones. Diamond is a separate segment that occurs naturally as well as it can be produce from materials such as bauxite. Soft minerals are also used e.g. calcium carbonate as a polishing agent. Hard abrasives are used to perform the functions such as polishing, grinding, buffing, honing, drilling, lapping, cutting, sanding and sharpening. Whereas soft minerals are used in applications such as tooth paste. On the basis of its product type an abrasive can be bonded abrasive which is used in grinding wheels; it can be coated abrasive, loose grains or powder.
An abrasive finds regional market in Europe, North America, South America, Asia-Pacific and RoW. This industry is expected to grow with in regions which are more exposed to industrialization.
One of the major driving factors for this industry is continuous growth in industrialization. Expected growth of machine tool industry is also another driving factor for this industry. However replacement of metal components by plastic components may restrict this market. Self cooling abrasive materials are expected to be one the future trend for this market.
3M Company, Almatis GmbH, Asahi Diamond Industrial Co Ltd. Almatis, Inc. Cabot Microelectronics Corporation, Carborundum Universal Limited, E. I. Du Pont De Nemours And Company, Ceradyne, Inc. and Ceradyne, Inc. are some of the key players of this market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments